Yesterday, my parents came to visit. Everyone knew they were coming and had looked forward to the visit for weeks. What my kids didn't know was that they were bringing along my nephew, Ben, who is 8. Eric picked them all up at the airport last night and brought them home. Ben got out of the car alone and came up to the door and rang the door bell... assuming it was Grandpa and Grandma, Ian went flying to the front door, only to find Ben hiding just out of sight... boy were they shocked to see him on the front porch!
After they unloaded the car, we all went to grab dinner at Wendy's. My mom has a severe sesame allergy, and therefore can't eat at any restaurants that use sesame seed buns. Wendy's is one of our favorite places to take her that is sesame-safe! At 9:30, we finally got them all in bed, and at 10:45, I had to break up Ben and Ian because they were still up talking.... and Ian is going to school this morning! I'm sure he'll be worthless by noon... I've already told him he can play hookie tomorrow to spend more time with Ben. It's not like he's going to be worth anything in class!
2 comments:
You're the best mom ever! I wish my mom would let me play hookie in school.
Sounds like fun. Ian and Ben look a little alike.
Post a Comment