Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth????

So, Wednesday we got up bright and early - we Arizonians had the advantage of the one hour time zone change, so all of us were up early and ready to go.








We got to the park about 8:30 and it looked promising.... not to many crowds - yet. By noon, the place was packed!!! All in all, we had a good day, but here are some of the more interesting things I remembered hearing (and saying) throughout the day as we went along:

-- "At this pace, each ride is going to cost $10 a piece......"

--"Why do they call this the Happiest Place on Earth? It's more like the Crowdiest Place on Earth."

-- "We'll NEVER come back during Christmas season again!"

--Megan (after driving the Autopia ride), "Mom, will I ever be able to get a Driver's License? I stink at driving!!!"

-- "Ashlyn, you'd BETTER know where Dallyn is!"

-- Grandma: "I want to do the [Davy Crockett] Canoe Ride. If that old lady can do it, so can I!"

--"Kate, don't you want to go find the princesses? Then you have to eat your lunch and stop crying!" (Meltdown ensued from the unwanted "handstamp" at the front gate.)

-- "I'm just going to wash that flippin' hand stamp off her hand so she'll shut up...." (Only I'm not sure he said "flippin"......)

-- Ian (after buying his $24 Jack Sparrow pirate sword), "Mom, I'm not going to tell Dallyn or Ethan that I have a sword."

-- "I have to go to the bathroom...." (5 minutes after we just made a potty break!)

-- Grandma: "Where's Ethan????"

-- Lyndi (after being offered a starburst in the Space Mountain line): "I'm waiting to eat until after I go on the ride!"

-- "If you don't stop whining, I'm going to beat you with a rubber hose!"

-- "What's for dinner?" (at 3:00 p.m., then again at 3:30, then again at 4:00... and so on.....)

-- After Grandma rode Star Tours: "Can I have one of those motion sickness thingies???"

Postnote - even though we all said some crazy things in the heat of the moment, we did have a good time together!!!! I'm not sure we'll ever attempt the large group attendance ever again, but we could definitely handle it with just one other family at a time! Aside from all the adult frustration, the kids had a BLAST!!! The three older girls were ABSOLUTELY inseparable!

Highlights for the day - meeting Jack Sparrow (his mannerisms were amazingly movie-like, even though the man under the mask was definitely not Johnny Depp), running around on the Pirate Island (formerly Tom Sawyer Island), watching the fireworks and getting snow on Main Street.

Rides we went on: Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours, Autopia, Space Mountain, Rafts to Pirate's Lair, Haunted Mansion, Tom Sawyer's Riverboat, the Disneyland Train, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. This is all we accomplished in a 12 hour window before we camped out for the fireworks and snow.

Note to the Family: Please add funny "quotes" you remember from the day in the comments section - my memory tended to retain more of the negative comments and I know there were lots of funny "one liners" out there that day! :) I will continue to add things as they come to mind... share the Madness! I'd really love to hear an account of Alan's impressions of the hotel breakfast! That was hilarious!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh!! How fun!!!! I loved the pictures! I am so glad you guys had a good time!!!

Sheri said...

We never go to Tom Sawyer's island but always want to. It sounds like you all had a blast making memmories :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails