Friday, February 1, 2008

Megan's First Concert... Sort of.....


With Hannah Montana concert tickets running in the hundreds of dollars, we decided to do the next best thing - the Hannah Montana 3D Concert Experience! My good friend, Tammy, and I decided to try to get tickets for this yesterday afternoon once we realized it was only going to be in theaters for one week. Most places were sold out through the entire weekend, but we found one new theater that still had tickets available. We bought them through Fandango, got dinner and sitters for the boys and headed out the door 45 minutes later!


We drove up the freeway to the Mesa Riverview center (for those of you who visit the Scout Shop, you'll know where this is!) We grabbed dinner at Chick Fil-A and headed over to the theater. We were so lucky to get seats in the 4th row (from the front!) This is when you DON'T want front row seats! The concert was fun and the girls LOVED it, but I was sitting next to the most crazy Hannah Montana Fan in existence. She was screaming, singing, and basically going crazy the entire time. I kept looking around, and no one else in the theater had the same enthusiasm that she did. She couldn't have been more than 10-12 years old.
Here's the girls getting their photo taken with Hannah after the concert - fun, huh????
It was nice to be able to go and enjoy a fun concert with Megan - I have to say that Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus is (so far...) a fantastic role model for girls. Let's just hope she doesn't follow the same path as Brittney Spears and Lindsay Lohan as she gets older!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

my girls are dying to see that. good mommie you are.... I haven't told them that the movie is only out for a week :(

OurHappyFamily said...

Cute story for you: so my sister calls me last night after they got back from seeing the "same" Hannah Montana concert and said, "You know that cute mom in your ward that has short blonde hair, is on your friend list, and bore her testimony when I was there visiting"? I chuckled and immediately thought of you and said yes I know who you are talking about... well I guess she saw you at the concert. My mom took my sister and all of her friends and they LOVED it and also ate at Chick-fil-a!!! How funny is that? So I asked her if she said hi and she said no, I didn't think she would have any idea who I was. I guess it goes to show how observant young ones are. See ya tomorrow!

Kristen said...

How fun!! I have heard people talking about this for a while!! I can't believe that it is only there for a week!! I am glad you guys got to go!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails