Brayden has entered the "obsession" phase of toddlerhood. The one where they are completely obsessed with something for a few weeks (or months) and then out of nowhere, they just change their obsession completely and move on to something new to be obsessed with. Brayden's current obssession is "Leo" from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... it all started with that cute little blue ribbon he wore on his head. Then we finally got that off his head, but he still would point to his forhead and say, "Leo! Leo!" I felt bad that I had "made it disappear", but I felt like I had no other alternatives. Then, Sunday after church, Ian found Brayden's Halloween costume from last year. Brayden had NEVER actually worn it. I bought a cute little fleece Yoda robe that was just adorable, but Brayden would have NOTHING to do with it. On Sunday, Ian told Brayden it was a "ninja turtle" robe and next thing I know Brayden is wearing it around the house and won't take it off! But, since it's fleece, by dinner time he's sweating bullets and we had a fight like you wouldn't believe getting it off his body to put jammies on. So, another obsession item "disappears".... then on Monday, I was washing laundry and his winter jacket had been washed. He saw it and grabbed it and put it on his head, only he wasn't satisfied unless it was zipped up and the hood was on his head. It's a warm jacket and just like the day before ended up having Megan pull it off him when he was so hot he couldn't stand it anymore. As soon as it was "off", it convienently disappeared as well... today we found a pair of boy's sunglasses that are "ninja turtle" themed.... YES! This is an obsession I can handle. He's been wearing these sunglasses all day and keeps pointing to them and saying, "Leo! Leo!" It's so darn cute.... can't wait til he's older and I can tell him about his crazy 2 year old antics and obsessions!
Today I went back to the dentist to have a cavity filled... it's been 2 1/2 hours since I left the dentist and I'm still numb and just starting to tingle/thaw out. This afternoon I get to pack and clean and then finish preparing for our big Relief Society Dinner tonight. Never again will I schedule one of these events the night before a road trip- this is the second time I've done this and I'm really regretting it! Tomorrow we hit the road for "home"... it's always nice to go back to the Bay Area... we love it there!
2 comments:
First of all... I am quite enjoying your playlist! :)
And I think all of my kids have gone through obsessions like this! It can be maddening, but so cute - love the picture!
I hope you have a great time on your trip! :)
I love Brayden...he reminds me of my boys. They all went through phases where they dressed up. I can remember walking Alexander to kindergarten with Ben in full Spiderman garb.
Post a Comment