Monday, March 31, 2008

My Baby No More...


We were watching Evan Almighty last night and the kids love to dance to the closing credits. It's the whole reason they watch the movie, because they will rewind and play that part at least 3 times before Eric and I tell them to stop! Brayden just goes nuts when the final song comes on - it's Everybody Dance Now by C and C Music Factory. And last night, watching the 3 younger kids dance to the music, I was struck by something monumental. My baby isn't a baby anymore! He'll be turning 3 in eight weeks, and I can't believe what a cute little boy he's grown into!


He loves to dress up... if it isn't a blue ninja turtle, it's batman, spiderman or a jedi.

He loves purple and will only drink from his purple sippy cups right now.

He loves Diego and Backyardigans and the Wonder Pets!

He loves to jump on the trampoline.

He loves to go the park (any park.....)

He loves to wrestle with his dad and his brothers.

He loves to play stuffed animals with Megan.

He loves to go in Megan's room while she's at school and play with her Polly Pockets and Littlest Pet Shop toys.

He loves to drink orange juice and eat popcorn.

He loves to take baths.

He loves to go to nursery class on Sundays.


I can't wait to see what fun things will come our way when he gets older, but I'm a little sad to say goodbye to my last baby. I've been anxious to get to the stage where we are out of diapers forever and I don't have to have a toddler translator nearby to figure out what he's trying to tell me. That's why it took me by suprise last night that I was sad to see my baby grow up... I didn't think I would get this sentimental about it, but he's been such a fun, cute little boy. Check out this picture of him when he was one week old:

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I feel the same way about Evan - he is growing up too fast!

OurHappyFamily said...

What a cute little guy! That picture of him as a baby is precious. These little ones do grow up way too fast. I got a little laugh reading that Brayden likes Wonder Pets... Eden is obsessed! Well you sure are a wonderful mother and have kids to be proud of. Sweet post!

Adria said...

i can't believe how big he is! i still remember when you were pregnant with him. what a cutie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails