Thursday, April 24, 2008

Q & A

So, I've finally got answers for all of you who've asked me questions over the last two weeks... I just haven't had the time or energy to give blogging my "full attention"!!! Here goes (and these are in total random order...)

Connie: Yes, I will post directions for bottling meat as soon as I've done it myself... I'm going to try it with a friend on Monday (we are going to do ground beef) and I'll take lots of pictures and blog about it next week. Google Polar Ice, and yes, my husband is crazy for hating fruit. Drives me batty sometimes.

Sheri: I've been cutting hair since Eric and I got engaged... he always got haircuts from his mom, so she taught me how to cut his hair before we got married and I've been doing it ever since. I've only paid for one professional cut for any of the kids and that was after Taylor "cut" Megan's hair... it was bad and I couldn't figure out how to fix it myself. It's really easy if you use clippers. I don't know how to do any really cool styles, though, and I've never cut curly hair. I can show you what I know, but seriously, it's so easy, you'll just be like, duh.....

SPASM: I logged in to the forum yesterday (finally!), but didn't get much farther than that... how do you post an intro? I found the format hard to navigate, but I was REALLY tired, so I'll give it a go again today or tomorrow.

About Scranton.... I'm glad you didn't think I was "scranton bashing" in my post... since you have had personal experience there, but get this.... yesterday, I read in the paper that Hillary Clinton hails from Scranton.... hmmm... explains a lot??? And it makes me wonder why she chose New York to run for Senate instead of her native PA... maybe she doesn't like to brag about coming from Scranton, either.... And then, the paper said that Scranton (at one point in US History) boasted the highest amount of "millionaires" per capita in any US city.... I'm thinking it must have been back in the railroad days and the 20's just before the depression... I'm wondering why any millionaire would "choose" to live there and Eric wondered how you make a million dollars in Scranton? What do you think????

Lexie: Thanks for the wheat thins idea - Taylor loves them and the salt would be great for hydration! Brayden will be 3 in a month and we haven't potty trained yet. It's on our "to do" list though and I just let him pick out his very own toddler undies at the store and I bought some "potty treats" as a reward for success... now I just need to get started!

Melissa: I have a pressure "cooker" too, but you need a pressure "canner" for this job. Looks like the photo in previous post. It absolutely MUST have a pressure gauge on the top.... I'll post more info once I've actually tried it myself... can't wait!

Janine: That's why I hate cooking so much... I have a feeling that when all the picky eaters move away a whole new world in the kitchen will open up to me... until then... and yes, we make tacos a lot because the kids can "build their own" to meet their stringent specifications and I don't have to deal with making every body's tacos "perfect"... and pizza doesn't count in the bread or cheese "ban"... all of them love it, thank goodness!

Mom: when you are home for more than 3 days at a time, I'll walk you through how to put pictures from the web on your blog (I think there's more than one way to do it, but I will tell you how I do it....)

Wormer: in my deserted island fantasy, the diet coke is "all you can drink"... plenty for all! Keep us posted on your treatment, we'll be praying for you to get well quickly! And, the next time this happens, don't be so "independent"... please ask us for help... that's what we are here for!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

No, I have the pressure canner... I used to do green beans and tomatoes in it! I can't wait to get your directions for the meat. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are on sale this week!

Anonymous said...

I have married the travel junkie, what can I say? Yes, I would love to know how to put internet pictures on the blog.
Love ya mucho, Mom

Sheri said...

I have used clippers on my kids hair before...and they have ended up bald. I am that stupid.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails