


After they left, I had the big challenge on my hands... keeping Brayden entertained while they were all away. He wanted to go with them... he even got dressed, put on his backpack and made me get him a sign to hold up for his picture... check it out.... thank goodness preschool starts Aug 12... not soon enough, though...
The truth is always told when they come home. So this is how it went yesterday when Megan and Ian walked in the door:
Me: Hey guys, how was the first day?
Ian: Awesome! It was so fun, it felt like it was only 3 minutes long!
Me: How about your day, Meg?
Meg: It wasn't that great. (insert exasperation here....) Our teacher likes everything to be perfect and she made us practice lining up 11 times because we weren't making the lines perfect! And, I have HOMEWORK on the first day of school!
Hmmm... I'm hoping that as a new teacher to our school she just felt the need to be a tyrant for a day or two so the kids will dish her out some respect. We'll see how things develop over the next couple weeks. One hour later, Taylor comes home....
Me: Taylor... (calling downstairs) how was the first day?
Taylor: (pleasantly suprised tone in his voice) GOOD! :) Remember Travis from 5th grade who changed schools? He's back now and he bought me a slice of pizza today since I forgot to pack my lunch. (oops....)
Two hours later I'm still doing "my homework" - fillling out all those darn emergency cards, and volunteer forms, etc.... then after FHE I took Meg and Taylor to the store to buy the last of their supplies... big mistake... everything was completely picked over and we had to go to two different stores to get everything we needed. Oh well... it's still my most favorite day of the year!!! :)
7 comments:
What will you do with all of your freedom when all the kids are in school.....It is so funny the thing that we look forward too!
I can't believe you guys go back so early... that is crazy!!! good luck til preschool starts!
Reading their reactions reminds me so much of what you kids went through before school. Enjoy the quiet time and quality time with Brayden. Only 13 more years and he'll be driving you around. And that 13 years will go soooo fast.
Love ya Mom
For some reason yesterday was kind of depressing for me. I'm sure it was just a fluke.
Your kids are looking so big! I can't believe you've got an 8th grader now. We've got 3 more weeks til school starts...but then I'll have to entertain Aidan more. Too bad we're not close enough to each other to get Brayden & Aidan together!
that is such a good idea to take pictures with the signs! genious!
What are you going to do with yourself?! I love that Chandler has year round school... that in itself may keep us in Chandler!
Love the pics and I'm still laughing at Brayden's sign... too cute!
Post a Comment