
I love to exercise, but I'm having serious motivation issues lately. While the kids are home, I am totally content to stay and home and hang out with them, not get my backside to the gym. So, I heard that in November there are a couple triathlons in the area and I've decided I'm going to do one! I did a sprint "tri" 4 years ago with my good friend, Maureen, and LOVED it! We signed up for it because we knew if we paid good money to be in a race, we'd get our backsides out to train. And we did... but mostly we trained so we didn't embarrass ourselves in a public place where people are generally considered athletes! :) (For my Bay Area friends, it was the "Tri for Fun" series in Pleasanton at Shadowcliffs. I highly recommend it!) So, I've decided I need motivation like that again! This triathlon is in the "sprint" category also and it's totally doable for me by November. The swim is 1/4 mile (it will be 8 laps in a 50 meter pool - sweeeeet, no swimming with the nasty fish this time!), a 12 mile bike ride and a 2 mile run. Easy, right?
This week I bought a yoga DVD and got out my old Pilates DVD that I love. My goal is to do 20 minutes of yoga every morning and 20-30 minutes of pilates every evening to help get me limber and toned. That's always one of my biggest failings in exercise... now, I just need to get back to the gym and get going on the treadmill! And now that I've told all my cyber friends my plan, I will have to follow through, right?!?
7 comments:
the biking would be the hardest part for me but I'm a runner and 2 miles is nothing...you'll do great!
I want to do a tri, except I couldn't handle the swimming. I hate putting my face in the water. I have serious issues.
I'm so impressed! I'm not dedicated enough to do a tri. I think I could do the swim... but I'm a horrible runner. And I don't own a bike. Which would be problamatic in a 12 mile race ;)
Good luck! I can barly do the running Im doing, and at the moment, untill the running pays off, there is no way im putting on a swim suit!
Sounds like an awesome idea, maybe one I need to take into consideration. The bike and run would kill me though. How do they do the swim in a pool with all those people? Sounds chaotic!
Where is this tri? If it's in the valley here, I'd love to train for it with you. Let me know. Hilary
cool!!! good luck!!!!
Post a Comment