... is coming home from a trip so hard? We came home from Grand Canyon 10 days ago and I still feel behind. I'm behind on Laundry... I'm behind on Dishes... I'm behind on Decluttering... I just can't seem to get it together!
I was going to post a picture of my messy kitchen, but two dire consequences could result... my local friends might call CPS (kidding...) but more likely, my husband would have to crawl in a hole and die from shame. He hates a messy kitchen, but sadly, it's messy more than it's clean. I've gotten to the breaking point today because yesterday I had the itch to make homemade bread... I think the rain had something to do with it. But, I didn't make bread because my kitchen was so messy I would have to clean for an hour, just to make room to make bread. How pathetic is that? Plus, I'm really craving some self satisfaction in a job well done. I LOVE how I feel when my kitchen is clean and even more when I can keep it clean for a couple days in a row!
So, now I'm going to plug in my ipod, start a new audio book (Deception Point by Dan Brown) and get to work in the kitchen. I'm committed to keep cleaning until it's 100% done.
We only have 14 days until school starts and I'm getting excited. It's been so nice to not have any commitments or a crazy schedule. It's been wonderful to stay in our pj's late and still be able to make pancakes at 9:00 a.m. We've even done some really fun local activities that my kids beg to do and we never seem to have time for. But, with only 14 more days until I can have my "life" back, it's definately something to look forward to!
When my "chores" are done, I'll post some video I took yesterday of the rain. It was a welcome treat! It looks like we could get more tonight... Bring it ON!
5 comments:
I think, next to bathrooms, dishes are the hardest to keep cleaned up and maintain some kind of order in the kitchen. When we come to visit, can we do homemade bread together? I haven't done it in years. Do you remember me making it when you were younger? I would love to do some baking together. (And I promise, I will help you clean up the dishes after!)
Love Mom
Well it looks like whatever you did worked because your house looked clean to me!
I HATE PVS (post vacation syndrome) it takes me quite a while to get back into real life.
I think I'll just copy and paste your whole post directly into my blog because my kitchen is rarely clean. I HATE dishes, what more can I say? I'm pretty good at all the rest, esp. laundry...but man this sounds sooooo familiar.
only two weeks til school starts again? when did you guys get out?
wow, we have another 5 weeks? wow, that will go fast huh?
oh and we have learned our lesson, we add the day we come back or the next day as our vacation ( time off work, etc) that has helped, get back into the swing of things, but it took us over a decade before we figured it out LOL
Post a Comment