
I first read about a plane crash a few days ago that has rocked the "blogging" community. Go here to read more details..... I hadn't ever stumbled across the NieNie blog before, but I've been so touched by the ways in which fellow bloggers have rallied to her aide...
I try not to dwell on these types of things because it's so depressing and frightening, and you do the "what if that happened to me" scenario in your head and freak yourself out way too much, but reading her sister's blog, brought me to tears. There is nothing in this world that can beat the Healing Power of Jesus Christ. It will be a LONG and PAINFUL recovery, both physically and emotionally, but I have complete faith that this family will pull through with flying colors.
There is so much financial help this family needs, so if you feel so inclined, click on the button to the right and donate to NieNie... I've heard threw the rumor mill that their insurance has already been maxed out and their hospital bills will be enough to bankrupt even the best of us. Now that I no longer have my favorite HMO health insurance, I can understand how much stress hospital bills could add to an already difficult situation. Please use your own blogs to spread the word... the power of the internet is amazing!
On a sidenote, this incident has confirmed my plan to NEVER fly on a small plane... I already have a flying phobia and have forbidden Eric and Taylor to attend a clinic for the "Aviation" merit badge, becuase it involved them flying in a small plane. Shudder.....
3 comments:
Brandon is actually working on a job with two of NieNie's brothers right now, and was just talking to one of them today about how she and her husband (and kids and family) are doing. However, I didn't have any idea of the whole blog world support out there. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Last week we had a plane crash here that killed two docotors, both of whom had a child on the plane with them, and 6 other people...all from Cedar City. It was devastating to say the least, because we knew quite a few of them. Before that there were 3 other crashes in Utah that killed everyone. So, I am in agreement with you...I won't fly in a small plane. Too scary.
I've followed Nie's, CJane's and Topher's blogs for a while. It is so heartbreaking. I know I've donated and i've bugged everyone I know to do the same.
Post a Comment