Like I said, I arrived yesterday morning at about 5:00am local time after about 20 hours of travel. Phoenix to LA, then 3 hour lay-over, then 15 hour flight to Hong Kong. From the Hong Kong Airport I rode a 30 minute train to the Hong Kong harbor. The photo below is picture of some of the Hong Kong high-rises from the high speed train.
After arriving at Hong Kong Harbor, I then took a 20 minute troll with my massive suitcase in tow, from train station to the harbor boat dock. The picture below is a snapshot of the similar boat the I wrote about 40-50 miles from Hong Kong to Macau.
The picture below shows how busy Hong Kong harbor can get.
Once I arrived in Macau I was able to get a free shuttle over to the hotel, The Venetian Macau (pictured below).
Unfortunately because my flight arrived so early I arrived at the hotel before check-in time. Luckily, I was able to store my suitcase at the hotel and then I hit the on-site shops (for window shopping that is!). The shops at the Venetian are mainly all the brands you've heard of, just in Chinese pricing. There do not seem to be any discounts to be had here, nor any authenic Chinese souvenir action. What to bring home for the kids will be the big question?
Here is a picture of the "indoor" shop atmosphere!
Since my sleeping schedule is still off and its about 3:ooam here or so, I am going to try and get some sleep before heading to the gym and will try to post some more content later.
7 comments:
what work are you doing? totally confused, def missed something on your blog lol
Stacey - Eric posted that blog entry - he's in China for business this week. I'm glad he posted because I haven't heard a word from him since he got to the Hong Kong Airport... I'm glad he's still alive and having fun! I've been wondering all day why he hasn't sent me an email! Whew! :) Love you Sweetie! Your best bet for the souvenirs might be at the airport... sigh... isn't that sad?
Ha! I thought....what the heck is she doing in china!!! I did figure it was Eric...LOL!
Have fun Eric!! Such a world traveler you are!! Hong Kong looks awesome but very smoggy. Yuck!
We are glad you made is safely. Have fun! Love, Mom and Dad
How fun to have a post from him! I think Hong Kong would be an awesome place to visit! I hope he'll post more pictures :)
That hotel looks just like the Venetian in Las Vegas- inside and out. Must be the same company. That harbor picture is awesome! I love true-to-life pictures when traveling. It doesn't always look like the postcards, huh?
Post a Comment