
This is Eric's youngest brother, Matt. Early on in life, he earned the nickname "Pump" (which created all kinds of other nicknames... see title for one example....) Pump had so much energy that he never sat down. Not only was he full of energy, he was full of life. (He still is, and we love that about him!) He's always happy and cheerful. Eric remembers that he used to commentate his own baseball games in his sleep - no doubt he was dreaming of hitting a grand slam and winning it all! He had endless energy, and everyone loved his cheerful attitude. (Even when I joined the family when he was 14, this was evident still the case!)
Our youngest, Brayden, who we affectionately call "little B" or just "B" for short appears to be another Pump. He has boundless energy. He is the happiest child I have ever had.
The problem is that his "pump"ness is KILLING me! He is up at 6:00 a.m. EVERY SINGLE DAY... no matter what time he goes to bed. (I have a hard time dragging myself out of bed at 6:45 when the alarm goes off, and it's usually only the intense need to drain my bladder that gets my body moving each morning....) Of course, he doesn't think he needs a nap, but by 3-5 p.m. it's obvious he isn't going to make it to bedtime. And if he takes a nap, which he almost always does at the most inconvienent time, he will be up until at least 10 p.m. each night. (Remember that he will still get up at 6:00 a.m. no matter what.) Last night, at 10:30 after I'd repeatedly put him back in his bed I finally laid down with him until he fell asleep somewhere around 10:45ish. Even when I "force" a nap at lunchtime, he still stays up late and is bouncing around the house (making messes like the Tasmanian Devil....)
Anyone out there have any advice??? He's wearing me out, but it's hard to stay mad for long, because he's just SO DARN CUTE!
3 comments:
Bedtimes and wake up times are tough. Ben always wakes up at 6:30 - no matter what day it is and he always wakes up Max. It stinks. No advice for you (sorry), just hang in there!
I got to the point where I would throw my kids into the tub if it looked like they were gonna nap. I know that's terrible, but it worked. It woke them up and seemed to keep them awake till bedtime. Other than that advice, I've got nothing. Good luck!
I think with Pump and all little Pumps, you have to just keep them busy and find a sport or activity that keeps their interest and gives you a sort of break. He is so darn cute - if he can charm Alan, then he basically can charm everyone. So sorry! What does Mom W. have to say?
Post a Comment