Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Home for the Holidays
We had two more kids break out with Chicken Pox yesterday. Megan has a mild case but Ian's is more the traditional case you think of from the "pre-vaccination" days. All four of my kids recieved the chicken pox vaccine shortly after their first birthday and we lived in different locations for each of those shots. If it is in fact true, that the chicken pox vaccine has dulled down the case they are getting, then Ian would be one of those kids that has no visible uninfected skin left. Thankfully, that's not the case and we are doing our best to keep ourselves entertained and not think about itching too much. I'm hopeful that Taylor will escape this bug. He was actually exposed to chicken pox right before he was eligible for the vacinne and still didn't get it. I am aware of another time (in 3rd grade) when he was exposed too, and still didn't get it. Let's hope he doesn't get it from Megan or Ian because if he does, he'll break out the day before they go back to school in January! I'm also really grateful that we live far away from all the family and have no plans to travel for Christmas. We would all be bummed if we had to bail out on family gatherings because of the contaigious factor!
Labels:
chicken pox,
Ian,
Megan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry :( Hopefully they will feel better soon and that Taylor won't get them. I'm guessing you and your husband have both had them...
Merry Christmas!?! :) May your day be itch-less (I know it's not a word... but it fits!)
Wow, well Merry christmas to you. I'm sorry the kids have the pox. Although it sounds like things could certainly be worse. Anyway, merry christmas.
We'll give you guys a call tomorrow at some point.
A and D
I can't believe that! I do know that my pediatrician recently told me that they've decided kids probably need boosters...I opted out at the time. Maybe I shouldn't have!
Hope you can still have a very Merry Christmas!
What a bummer! Sounds like you are handling things well and what a blessing that you don't have big plans! Have a very Merry Christmas!
Hugs to you all!
Post a Comment