Thursday, December 11, 2008

Homebound

We are homebound for a few days... Brayden has a very mild case of the Chicken Pox! He has about 20 pox scattered all over his tummy, back, face and groin. He doesn't seem to be bothered by them except if I start touching them, then he gets mad! (And for those of you who are wondering, it is possible to get Chicken Pox after having the vaccine, just rare....) Other than the fact that he's extremely contagious (and my kids are treating him like a leper)... he's happy, hungry and sleeping well.

If you live close by and your kids haven't been vaccinated yet, then you better steer clear of our house! Unless you purposely haven't vaccinated your kids yet because you prefer to get immunity the "old fashioned way"... if that's the case, give me a call and we can schedule a playdate! :)

I'm going to take advantage of my suddenly very "clear" schedule to get some christmas projects done and get my house nice and clean! I'm even having the itch to bake... but I can't decide if I want something chocolatey or some homemade bread or cinammon rolls... maybe I'll have enough time to do both!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

I always wondered if you could still get the chicken pox if you had the vaccine. Now I know! Luckily it's a "mild" case :)

Melissa said...

I know they say it's "rare" but I can think of 10 kids off the top of my head that have had chicken pox after having the vaccine! They were very mild cases, but still...
I hope he stays feeling well and it completely recovered for the holiday fun :)

Adria said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

oh man, but in a twisted way I totally understand the homebound happiness. Good luck getting stuff done.
hope he feels better soon

did I answer you about the tag?

Heidi said...

Way to see the silver lining Christy! Really it doesn't sound too bad so that is good! Have fun, I just hope you all don't get cabin fever, we have that here hard core with all the cold and wet we have had lately! It can be a drag!

Annalise said...

I had one who also got chicken pox after the vaccine (very mild), and one who got SHINGLES! That one's very rare, apparently, and makes him more susceptible to it for the rest of his life. Aargh.

Too bad I'm not closer--I'd come over and eat some of those yummy goodies you were talking about!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails