Thursday, December 4, 2008

Traditions...

My grandma has always made us beautiful handmade felt ornaments. It's getting more and more difficult for her to sew due to her arthritis, so the torch has been passed to my mom. She's been worried about this, but we all knew she'd do a fabulous job and she did! She gave my kids their ornaments last night and they were awesome!

Ian got one of his favorite superheroes... Spiderman. the picture doesn't do the detail work justice!

Grandma made Taylor a cell phone that looks just like his... it even flips open and closed! Too bad it doesn't send real text messages!

This one is for the Hannah Montana fan!
Now we will forever be able to remember the "ninja turtle" phase... of course, that is if Raph survives the season... Brayden has a hard time leaving him alone!
This was the biggest suprise of them all! She made Eric and I a boat ornament that looks just like our boat! We love it! I wonder who the bald guy in the middle is supposed to be?!?

Stop on by anytime if you want to see them in real life... the pictures can't quite capture the essence of the detail and effort put into these! Well done MOM!!! We love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that eventually you will be learning "the trade". I'm so glad that you were pleased and surprised. And yes I was nervous. Grammy is a tough act to follow! But they were fun to do!

Melissa said...

Those are so awesome!! Your mom did a fantastic job! I've always thought that making things from felt looked so fun. Maybe I'll have to learn how!!

Elise said...

Those are absolutely beautiful. I am amazed and jealous. BTW, love that the boat says AZ 6 Pack on it. Too cool. I think your mom took the torch and did it more than justice.

Sheri said...

I love, LOVE the Spiderman.

Kayla, Nic, Paige, Ellie and Maddy said...

Those turned out way cute! I love the boat and have a little girl whoe would love the hanna montana one!! Very cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails