Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Little Bit More

This picture has nothing to do with my post, but I took it today to prove I spent some time outside!
I haven't really made any New Year's Resolutions yet. I'm not sold on the concept as a whole... every year I make a really big list of all the things I want to accomplish - habits I want to improve, projects I want to complete, attitudes I want to have... and every year, I've completely forgotten about my list by March. Do we set ourselves up for failure every year when we do this? This year I want to improve certain aspects of my life, but I want to be realistic about it. I've decided to try a new approach this year. I'm going to work on some key aspects of life, but not try to overhaul myself all at once... baby steps... baby steps...


Things I want do a Little Bit More of:


*scrapbooking

*exercising

*having fun with my kids

*photography

*meditation/spiritual improvement

*yoga/pilates

*meal planning

*taking time to relax or read a good book

*quality time with my husband

*housecleaning/yard maintenance

*giving service anonymously


What would YOU like to do a little bit more of this year?

6 comments:

Elise said...

Ditto!!! Love the new banner BTW!

Anonymous said...

Scrapbooking and travel and travel and travel. Doesn't that sound productive?

Kristen said...

I LOVE your word cloud at the top of your blog? Aren't those the best?!? I would like to relax more. I stress over little things, and probably don't need to - and I would love to have more time to scrapbook....will that happen?! :)

Sheri said...

I think I could do better at everything on your list.

I don't like making New Year's Resolutiions, either.

Karen said...

Love your new page !!!

I think the most important thing for me to do this year is to slow down and enjoy each day to the fullest. Time seems to fly by these days and I don't want to look back on this year and wonder where it went and just what did I do with it.
Also...I plan to be better prepared for Christmas. That way I will enjoy it more and stress out less.

Kayla, Nic, Paige, Ellie and Maddy said...

Im loving the new backround! Im all with you on the excersising part! every year I say Im going to loose this weight, but it never happens....I would love to be in a real swim suit this summer, insead of shorts and a tank top!
Good luck to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails