Monday, February 9, 2009

TMI

Last night as we were getting kids ready for bed, we had this discussion:

Eric: Man, Taylor, do you need to text me "lots of love"?

Taylor: Huh?

Christy: Do you mean LOL?

Eric: yeah... lots of love...

... insert snickering here....

Christy: Hon, you don't know what LOL means?

Eric: perplexed look... No?

Christy: it's email code for "Laugh Out Loud". I learned that one years ago...before texting was even around.

Ian: Do you guys know what XYZ means?

Everyone: What???

Ian: Examine Your Zipper!

.... insert uncontrollable laughter ....

Taylor: Ian, that's TMI!

3 comments:

OurHappyFamily said...

Omg, I'm laughing SO hard right now! I can totally relate and thanks Eric... you're not alone. Curt just informed me (some time last year) what LOL stood for. I still haven't heard the end of that one. Oh well!!

Anonymous said...

LOL, over and over again. It's nice that everyone can be human in not always knowing abbreviations. I bet there are many more to come that will baffle us. I hope Christy that you are writing these down. They are priceless!

Anonymous said...

my fear is that something like the tower of babel will happen prior to the milenium ( sp?) more like the tower of cell power and no one will be able to converse in full sentences anymore

KWIM? LOL.... Cya

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails