Saturday, February 14, 2009

When I Knew


Thanks, Sheri, for the Valentine's Day inspiration.... I hadn't really decided what I was going to blog about today, but now I know!

Eric and I met at the Single's Ward Blood Drive... romantic, eh? We went on our first date a week or so later....

Three months later we were both returning to Ricks College for our second year. I lived in Dorm 4 (on campus) - he lived in Green Briar (off campus.) I was at Albertson's with my parents buying dorm food and supplies (this was before Rexburg had a Walmart!) and we ran into one of my freshman year FHE brothers, Dean. (During my freshman year, I thought this guy was HOT, but he NEVER seemed interested in me.....) Anyway, we were in Albertsons buying food and he came up all smooth and suave to say "hi" and was acting really "flirty". Four months earlier, before I'd gone home for the summer, I would have been so excited and "wowed" that Dean was finally acting interested in me, but now that I had Eric, I could care less. I was completely annoyed, thought his cologne smelled really bad and was really irritated that he was trying to "kiss up" to my dad in the grocery store of all places! I couldn't wait to get out of there and I guess that's when I knew I was in love (with someone else!)

Six weeks later Eric and I were engaged... 10 weeks after that we were married... and this is our 17th Valentine's Day. Love you sweetie!

7 comments:

Methodical Wormer said...

That picture is priceless.

Cute story:)

The State of Our Family said...

Hey, I remember that blood drive! Yes, very romantic as I recall. :)

LauraB said...

Holy Hannah, Christy! Were you like TWELVE when that picture was taken? Eric looks like he's robbing the cradle!

Karen said...

Yep...she was twelve (not really).
Christy, you only look slightly old enough now to have 4 kids. Lucky you. When I was young everyone thought I was 4-5 years older. That's come back to haunt me now that I'm a senior citizen!
Yuck...did I say that out loud?

Sheri said...

I LOVE the picture. And the story too :)

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Yeah I'd say just as a random guess that Christy looks about 13, and Eric looks about 20. ha ha This had to be taken back when all the dresses had shoulder pads in them. I don't know why girls wanted to look like linebackers! ha ha Good thing I was in grade school, and if they ever come back---I'm not doing it!

Unknown said...

I think I went to that dance! Ha! I 've got to go look through my photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails