Today marks the day I set up my site-meter on the side bar.... one year ago today, I added my current sitemeter so I could attempt to keep track my blog visitors.
As I write this, 8,604 visits have been made to my blog that don't include my own home computer (I'm not stacking the deck here, people...) and it's really a gratifying feeling!
So, I've been doing some math... and this is how the stats are working out...
Using the law of averages (is there such a law?) I get about 5 comments per post, which means that if I only have 5 people reading my blog, they would have to have each made 1700 visits to my blog in the last year. (That's not likely...) only my mom would check my blog that often, I think!
And since he discovered facebook, not even hubby reads my blog with any regularity at all. I'm not offended...he hears enough from me every day, anyway!
So, say I have 10 visitors, that means they each have visited 850 times... not likely either... that's more than 2 times every single day.
So let's say I have 20 visitors (very possible...if you include my parents, brother, and all my in-laws), they would have to check my blog 430 times each... not terribly likely either, since most of them can't return a phone call for at least three days. (By the way, I love my all my in-law family... and I feel like I can use the phone call logic without hurting feelings because it's a proven fact.)
Anyway, back to the math.... so if I have 75 visitors, (wow... wouldn't that be awesome?)... they would each check my blog 119 times a year... definately doable... that's like every 2-3 days.
Clearly, I've never had 75 commenters, even if I tally up all my comments from various posts, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go above 20... soooo....
This is where the fun begins...
We'll play my own twisted version of Truth or Dare.
I DARE you to leave a comment... and in turn, I'll tell you a TRUTH about myself.
Here's how it will work...
First, you click on the link at the bottom of this post that currently says " 0 Comments: Add Yours Here!"
Second, you fill in the box and you get to ask me a question... any question you want... within reason... i.e. what's your favorite flavor toothpaste? (that was a lame question, so I assume you'll be a bit more creative...) If you don't have a gmail/google account to sign in with, just click on the anonymous button, but hey, don't leave an anonymous comment without at least signing your first name to your comment, k?)
Third, after a couple days, I will answer everyone's questions in my next post and enjoy meeting new friends from all over the place! And when I finally give you all answers to the questions, you may be freaked out and never visit my blog again.
It's a risk I'm willing to take... just because I like you so much!
Let the games... BEGIN!
13 comments:
This is no surprise, I'm one of the people you DO know that checks this blog daily.
My question is: Who do you like musically, any favorite groups/artists?
Howdy!
?: how old were you when you had your first real kiss
Well, I haven't been as GOOD of a reader in the last little while, but I'm getting back on the bloggy train here :)
Do you have a favorite author? Book?
Wow, it is cool. Never thought about how the numbers add up with all the entries. Good job.
Dad and my is: Did you ever sneak out at night when you lived at home?
After reviewing your math, you may be surprised how frequently you blog is visited from on family. Now that both your mom and I have iPhones, we can check your blog several times a day. For example, when I get up in the morning, I check in to see if anything is new. Your mom does two, so that is 2. Later in the day, I will check from my iPhone, maybe twice if things are going slowly. That makes 4. In the afternoon when I decide to check email, I may log in just for drill, and then again from my phone when immersed in several seasons of Bones or CSI. So we are up to 6 (8 if mom checks from her phone to. Then, when it is bed time and I am tucking the Mac in, I may sneak a peak, after all, it only takes a second. So, ten times a day from just this family. That makes 3,650 times in a year. How does that affect your calculations. So my question is, if you have read this far, is how many times a week do you check our blog?
Christy:
It may suprise you but I check your blog at least weekly just to know what is happening with you and your family.
Uncle Stan
Oh how funny!! I came across your blog about 6 months ago, and I kept meaning to leave a comment, now I have been caught. It is so fun to read about how your family is growing.
I have a question, Now that you are Relief Society President, which calling did you like better... R.S. Pres. or Primary President?
I feel the same way about that counter thing, but I also noticed everytime I change something in the layout and click on the pre-view button, this also changes my count as if someone were looking at it. I can press that button a lot sometimes!!
My question....Do you like Arizona better then Ca???
O.k. Currently, who is your favorite kid?
Well as one of those in-laws that are terrible at returning calls and such (btw, do I owe you a call back?), I check your blog every time I am online so 5-20 times a week.
If you could be any celebrity, who would it be and why?
I check your blog as often as I sit down to the computer. Sometimes this is daily or even twice daily.
It's so fun to keep up on what's going on in your (our) family. We miss you so much.
My question is...
If you weren't able to have any kids of your own, would you have adopted and how many would you have wanted?
I am NOT one of those frequent reader, one time commenters, but here's my question...
If you could ask a question to three people who have died, who would you pick and what would you ask each one?
I check it every couple of days and love to see what is going on with the fam. I love your creative posts and this is a great one!
My question...If you could relive any moment in life (in which you made a mistake) how would you relive it and why?
Post a Comment