Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Murphy's Law


Why is it that when something has a problem, you arrange for a qualified repairman to fix it, and then, voila!... it suddenly works again?


My A/C has been making weird noises for a couple weeks. One evening last week, I couldn't get it to cool down the downstairs without playing with the thermostat A LOT. So Monday, I called in a professional and had them come take a look. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, right?


After two hours outside in my unshaded side yard (102 degrees) or up in the second story attic (110 degrees) he found nothing conclusive. It doesn't help when suddenly the broken "item" decides to behave, huh?


Today it's already 83 degrees in my downstairs. It should be more like 79 this time of day. It's warm and it's only going to get warmer. Clearly, the problem is back. And based on his "theory" of what might be wrong, I think he's right.


But this is what I want to know... if I call in the professionals, will my a/c be scared into compliance and work again? Because that's how Murphy's Law works, you know. I think I'll put in the call and when my body can no longer take the heat, we'll spend the rest of the afternoon swimming. Thank heavens for swimming pools!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Let me know if he fixes the problem. We have had problems with our AC ever since we've lived in this house and they have never been able to fix it...and like yours it's always working when they are here!

btw, THANK YOU so much for the DQ card. If you only knew the happiness it brought to my heart...

Anonymous said...

Just when you really need something, that's when it breaks! Good luck hope you can solve the problem.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails