Friday, May 8, 2009

Thumbs Up!


I took Taylor and Megan to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine today. It was EXCELLENT!
For whatever reason, I had never seen the X-Men movies when they originally came out. The first one I saw was X-Men 3 at Jeff's house. We then found the trilogy on DVD at Best Buy and bought it for $30. We've watched the X-Men movies many times since then and have loved them. I don't know why, but Wolverine was always my favorite character.
Of course, I'm a huge fan of Hugh Jackman. I have Kate and Leopold and The Prestige. Loved both of those movies. I watched the Oscars this year for the first time in several years, just to watch him sing and dance. I want to see Australia... I think I'll rent it from Redbox next week while Eric's out of town. I even picture Hugh Jackman as the main love interest in a book I love, Austenland. If they ever made a movie out of that book, I'd be heartbroken to see anyone cast other than Hugh Jackman. He is Mr. Nobly to me. And, I hear they are already talking about a X-Men sequel to the prequel... if you understood that, you're a true Wolverine fan!
And on a completely unrelated note, the girl in X-Men (can't remember her name) who had diamond skin... that was awesome looking.... Twilight producers... hope you noticed!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I loved that movie too. Although it was kind of sad. My favorite character (besides Wolverine) was Gambit - I loved that guy!

CoffeeGrind said...

We also saw Wolverine. An excellent action flick in my humble opinion.

We also went to see the new Star Trek movie. Even better than X-Men. Way better. You need to get out and see this movie.

Karen said...

Haven't seen this movie, but did watch Australia. I loved it!!!
It's a must see.

Connie said...

I liked Australia, but it was long and kind of a downer. I guess that's history though. I did like it though.

And I am so with you on Mr. Nobly! I hadn't put a face to that character, but now that you mention it, he is exactly what I pictured Nobly to look like! MMmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Interesting -- I had never heard of Hugh Jackman, or at least never paid attention until Iver attempted to talk me into watching Australia last weekend. "Hugh Jackman's in it . . ." "who????" While Australia isn't really my kind of movie, it was an excellent story and then of course there was HUGH. OK . . .now I get it! Janine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails