Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Road Trip, Part Seven: Adventures in the Beehive State

In two days time, we visited three Temples. Monday morning, we went to the Provo Temple with Matt and Sharilyn for the first time. I haven't been to the Provo temple since we lived in Orem, but I was pleasantly surprised. The inside and out had undergone some renovation and grounds keeping upgrades. Thankfully the escalators inside were gone. I always thought they seemed out of place. And on the outside, where there used to be a big driveway drop off area, it's now beautiful landscaped with gorgeous flowers and a fountain. HUGE improvement! (Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me....)

This was the second... The Oquirrh Mountain temple. I'm sure I spelled it wrong, but in case you still haven't heard how to say it, it's like "o-kur". So it's much easier than it looks! Since this temple hasn't been dedicated yet, it's open to the public for tours. It's always an exciting experience to take the kids through the temple so they can see what it looks like.

While we waited for our turn to tour through the temple, we got to hang out with Jeff and Molly and their kids. This is Ian with his "fan club".
All done and ready for dinner... Taylor is wearing the BYU shades he bought on campus earlier in the day. On the way back to Utah County, we picked up Wendy's for the kids and then headed to Tucano's for dinner. It was my parents first trip to a Brazillian Grill. It did NOT disappoint!
My favorite was the garlic sirloin. Oh... My... Gosh...


The next day, after the sealing in Manti (which deserves it's own post, that will follow tomorrow), we went down to Joseph to hang out with the family. Uncle Gordon became Uncle of the Year taking all these guys out on the Rhino.


Taylor and Tyler shot air shot rifles to their hearts content. This town is a boy's paradise!

That night, the four oldest cousins slept out on the trampoline. They didn't take enough blankets however and the girls came inside about 5 a.m. because they were too cold.


And last, but not least.... PROOF that Jeff knows how to cross the street. (Inside family joke.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails