Crazy cool, carboard soldier, huh? I borrowed him from the local Army Recruitment Office, and even though I was nervous as heck to go in and ask for party props, the officer who helped me out was the nicest guy you've ever met. He even sent me home with free t-shirts and hats and other fun goodies for the birthday boy and his siblings! (We didn't get to keep the soldiers...)We made a chocolate cake with a few extra "pieces" mounded on top for a hill, then ground up chocolate graham crackers and animal cookies for the dirt topping. Taylor saw me trying to arrange the battle scene on the top of the cake, and promptly pushed me out the way so it could be done properly. I guess I didn't have the right battle scene skills...

Our good friend who is in the Marines, Aaron Wolfley, came over and did a "mini boot camp" with the boys. As you can see, they aren't all taking him very seriously. When he threatened to smash Ian's birthday cake to bits if he didn't do a good push-up, that got Ian moving in the right direction. 







5 comments:
that is an awesome birthday party right there!!
What a super cool mom you are!!! Totally rocking birthday idea. I'll have to remember this idea 6 years from now.
Yeah, those water balloons always seem to go faster than they should, especially since it takes an hour to fill them up and 2 seconds to destroy them.
You did great with this party!! Looks like all the kids had a blast!! Good job Mom!
Ben had a blast! His favorite was the "real, LIVE ARMY GUY!" that came to the party. :)
Post a Comment