This picture was taken of the Tower Bridge in Sacramento. I don't think I've ever been so close to this bridge and certainly not at night like this. I could have stared at it all night!
Our home we used to own in Dublin. This was our first ever home purchase and a lot of blood, sweat and tears was put into this home in the 5 years we lived there. I will always have a soft spot for this house... and I love how the current occupants have decorated for christmas. (I wish the photo didn't have dashboard glare!)
On Christmas Eve, we enjoyed touring the light displays on "Candy Cane Lane". It's better if you can walk it, but we drove it this time around. I wish all those people weren't blocking my photo! Oh well...
The first day after we arrived home, we went with all of Eric's family to see the temple lights at the Oakland Temple. This is the temple that Eric and I were married in. If you've never been inside for a session, it's worth it just so you can sit in the celestial room and listen to the chandelier tinkle. It's the most amazing chandelier set-up I have ever seen!
This photo is for all you "Up" fans... Fenton's is a long loved establishment in Oakland, and when we were teenagers and made trips to the temple, there was almost always the reward of ice cream at Fenton's after. Now they have another location in my hometown too, which makes it very convenient to grab some great treats anytime without the commute! (On a side note about the movie "Up".... my aunt and her family have an inside connection at Pixar and they actually know the real kid that the character of Russel was modeled after. Fun, huh?
This one is just another "experiment" photo with my new camera up at the temple grounds. I really love the blur and glow effect in the water of the fountain. I can't wait to learn all the other cool things I can do with my camera. So much undiscovered potential... how will I ever find the time?
And last, but not least, I had to include a picture of my Aunt Karen's corvette. She let Eric take it for a test drive while we were visiting my Grandma, which is a very HIGH honor, indeed. He was on Cloud Nine... only problem was there was so much pre-Christmas traffic every where they went, he didn't really get to put the petal to the metal. Bummer!
No comments:
Post a Comment