Taylor and Ian got quite good at "snowboarding" down the hills standing up in the sleds.
This kid has no fear. Literally. He had so much fun. It was so cute to watch how happy he was playing in the snow. Perhaps the Olympic Skeleton Race will be in his future? Look at that form!
When we took our lunch break, we went off to a flat, forested area on the other side of the parking lot and had the whole area to ourselves. The kids got into a giant snow war with Eric and my Dad. And Megan and Brayden worked on making a snow family.
Brayden attacking my mom with snow balls. 
This is a snowman we found. He looked like a one legged bum smoking a cigar.
We gave him a new leg and a face lift... much better!

I LOVE this picture of my dad. My mom had just nailed him in the face with a snowball. He threw so many snowballs at the boys that he had some "pitcher's elbow" like pains later on.
And the secret to staying dry? Having "I'm holding the Camera!!!" immunity.
We gave him a new leg and a face lift... much better!

I LOVE this picture of my dad. My mom had just nailed him in the face with a snowball. He threw so many snowballs at the boys that he had some "pitcher's elbow" like pains later on.
And the secret to staying dry? Having "I'm holding the Camera!!!" immunity.
It ended up being a great day despite the few setbacks... like me losing my car keys while we were loading the car. I had them when I went out to start loading, and lost them sometime after that. While the car sat on the driveway and we looked for my keys, the battery ran down and died. So after we gave up the key hunt, we couldn't even start it because it was dead. Thank goodness for Uncle Craig's battery charger Christmas gift all those many moons ago. When we got there, we lost track of Megan and Ian for a while, but they were eventually found. And when we left, we had to be jumped again because of the stupid battery. I am going to have to get a new one very soon. But, minor annoyances aside, it was a great day. Everyone stayed warm and dry. No one had a meltdown and no major injuries. I'm seriously thinking about making a second run with the kids during spring break... that's how much fun we had!
3 comments:
I've never been there. I think I'm going to have to check it out too.
We had such a wonderful day with everyone! I loved your sledding location as there were several spots to enjoy sledding without worrying about hitting a mogul and flying through the air. No missing teeth, no skinned faces, no sore muscles, all in all, a winner location! Thanks for such a great day!
Love all the pictures...looks like you all had a great day!
Post a Comment