Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just 21 Days Left...

Only three weeks until Eric and I fly out to the most beautiful location I've ever visited.... Maui! This will be my third visit. First time was for our 10th anniversary 7 years ago. Then my parents went and bought a time share, so now we have more reasons to go back. We took the whole family back 4 years ago. This time, it's adults only. And I need a vacation like this more than ever.



When it's your third trip over, you don't feel pressured to see all the sights or visit every beach on the island. I already know where the cool stuff is worth visiting and what not to waste time on. For an entire week, we only have two scheduled "events". The first one is a boat trip out to Molokini so my brother can scuba dive in the famous crater. (Delia and I are passing on this excursion... neither of us get along well with boats and ocean waves.) The second is a Luau. You can't go to Maui and not go to a Luau. I've been to the Marriott and the Royal Lahaina, but this trip, we are hitting the best of the best, the Old Lahaina Luau. My dad even got us traditional mat seating right up front. Should be awesome!
I wasn't a blogger 4 years ago for our last trip. I hadn't even heard of blogging back then. So, I will take this opportunity to relive the memories and get me geared up for the next trip. This time, no kids, to expensive tours, no busy schedules, no worries. Just me, Eric, my parents, my brother and his wife, my two cameras and several novels. It's going to be heavenly.




And for the record... pictures of women wearing snorkel gear are NEVER flattering. I'm just sayin'...

5 comments:

Danielle said...

You are a great photographer! What kind of camera were you using in the ocean? The pic of the turtle is unbelievably clear! I love Maui too. I've been there three times. I've been to the Old Lahaina Luau and it is fabulous. Best Boogie Boarding beach we found was Polo Beach in front of the Kea Lani in Wailea. Most Beautiful place in Maui has got to be Waianapanapa Beach on the Road to Hana. Jay and I are going to Kauai in August to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Can't wait!

Sheri said...

Awesome!

If LOST was still filming I could get you passes to the set.

Unknown said...

Ok, Christy, you could have passed on the snorkle picture. LOL. Oh well, it's worth looking like this to get spectacular views under water. I'm ramping up on snorkle gear and our underwater camera.
Being a beach bum is new to me but I am so looking forward to our vacation. But I will miss the grandkids something awlful! (But not enough to stay home, hee, hee!)

Christy said...

Sheri, NO WAY! Too bad the filming is done... we won't be on the right island anyway. :(

Danielle, we used my mom's canon with an underwater-waterproof case for the turtle pictures. Most of the photos didn't come out as good as that one turtle pic. Since our last trip, I've gotten an underwater case for my canon 800is, so I expect to get some great ocean shots with it. I'll also be taking my nikon d90, which I got for my last birthday. I will probably come home with hundreds of photos. Can't wait!

Mom, I couldn't resist on the picture... I am in it too, so I figured it was fair game. I will not be posing for another shot like this on the next trip. Should we try to get you some valium so you can relax a bit on the beach?

Kayla, Nic, Paige, Ellie and Maddy said...

Love the pictures....I would love a vacation for just Nic and I...maybe when he is done with the academy.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails