I have been trying to get to Girls Camp for years. I LOVE going camping, and I love hanging out with the teenage girls in our church... so what better way to spend a few days, right? 
I've also been dying to visit Long Valley. It's a piece of property our church owns up in the mountains on the Mogollon Rim. (Mogollon is pronounced Mon-gee-on). It's at 8000 feet, in beautiful ponderosa pine country with no cactus in sight! Yeah!
Proof I was there! This was the first night, while I still had good hair... thank goodness the first day was the hottest, so I could spend the rest of the time with baseball caps or beanies on my head and be comfortable!
I loved being at camp with Megan and all the other young ladies from our local congregations. We have some fabulous girls in our ward and stake. I was so impressed with their testimonies, their leadership skills and their spirit of fun and creativity. I loved seeing their "true selves".... make-up-less, cell-phone-less and relaxed... just up there to have fun. I am hoping to weasel my way into the pool for the 4th year hike next year... now that would be even better!
3 comments:
So fun! I would also LOVE to be in YW. . . got a little impatient with this last ward re-organization, and then the Lord reminded me that with 3 girls in 3 1/2 years, my time will come. Can't wait!
Where exactly is Long Valley? Our girls go to Camp Lo Mia by Payson. I'm disappointed because the girls from our ward still do their hair all pretty and wear make-up at camp! Bleh!
I'm so glad you went! Looking at your pictures made me a little sad that I didn't go.
Post a Comment