Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cousin Reunion, Part One: The Lake

Thus begins the long awaited cousin reunion... 3 out of 4 of my kids were born within 3 weeks of 3 out of four of their kids.  Those are some pretty scary stats considering we never consulted each other in advance or hinted to each other a pregnancy was coming.   I now present:  (left to right, top to bottom):  Dallyn, Ashlyn, Taylor, Ian, Ethan, Brayden, Megan and Lyndi. 

The very first item on the agenda was a couple days at the lake.  The first day we went to Bartlett Lake.  Not our favorite, but parking isn't an issue if you get a late start on a Saturday, which we did.  The second day we went to Saguaro Lake... our favorite lake to visit.  We went on Monday and had the whole lake to ourselves... it was awesome!




Megan and Lyndi... sometimes I think they wish they had been born twins. 

This picture cracks me up every time I look at it.  Poor Ashlyn was the brunt of A LOT of teasing that day, which doesn't happen often, so we were milking it for all it was worth.  To her credit, she was a really good sport about it, and I won't even disclose what she did that brought the teasing on in the first place, but it would be a really fun story to tell!

This shot took about 15 "takes" to get... but they were having such a good time doing it.   We call these four the "little boys"... although poor Ian... he's anything but little right now.  But he is a good sport about it all, even when he has 3 obsessed younger boys following him around all day long!

Everyone knows that Jeff and Eric are brothers.... you can't help but tell when they walk into a room together.  I think they look very different, but out of the corner of my eye, I have gotten them mixed up... and when I was looking at a picture from the lake trip, I thought it was Jeff, but when I zoomed in, it really was Eric!



We call these four "the teenagers"... they were hardly ever apart from each other the entire visit.  I am so glad they have stayed close, especially in the years since we've moved away.  I seriously think I can thank Facebook and Cell Phones for that.  They do have their purposes!
Stay Tuned for more cousin adventures...

2 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Christy, totally unrelated:
I just finished reading The Hunger Games for the very first time! I was reading a slew of other books and I just always seem to be behind. I finished the Al Capone books, Goosegirl, ect. I knew that I would love the Hunger Games, (I rarely read a book I don't like) so I just bought them both before even reading them. I don't go to the Library ever so this is the norm...hear a bunch of reviews and then decide to buy it, again always loving them! I am now moving right along to Catching Fire and cannot wait for the last Mockingjay! It's actually a blessing I took forever to start these so I don't have to wait that long for the last book!

ANYWAY, my question to you. And yes, whenever I have a question about a book I always think of you. Christy will know! Have you heard of any sign of a film being made from the Hunger books? I have not. I realize it's highly probable it would be rated R for violence but I'm still curious. The whole time reading it, I was imagining it in my head as if it was a movie and it was awesome, so I was just wondering. LOVE THE BOOK! Any recommendations on your blog you know I love, in fact I think you should have a seperate blog just recommending and discussing books you've read. I'd follow you. I'm just sayin'

Thanks, let me know...

P.S. have you read her other series...Gregor...something or other cronicles???

Elise said...

Love all those kids!!! And I will vouch for you, the story is a great one to tell and tease Ash about. She has gotten her fair share here also. What a fun day it looks like. We will have to come out and do the lake trip with you guys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails