Swim, Bike, Run...
You Should "Tri" it.
Get it?
This was my 3rd year doing the Desert Grande Triathlon in Casa Grande. More and more people we know are doing these! We talked my parents into trying it this year, and we had some people from our ward and stake there. There aren't a lot of Tri's on Saturdays, so us mormon folks flock to them when we can find them. Here's me and my mom before the race. (No, my teeth aren't that white... I was totally playing around with photoshop on this picture... took 15-20 years off both our faces! I figured my mom wouldn't mind!)

Taylor is a natural Triathlete. Really. Of course we expected him to do well on the swim. And the run. But the bike? He only went out on one training ride with me, and he wasn't even working very hard. After a year's worth of cycling, Eric still only beat Taylor on the bike by 2 minutes. I wish I could have watched him for the whole race. He really has a gift for this. I think we are going to have get him a road bike. He took first overall in the swim and also took first in his age division. He has a title to defend. Crazy, huh?

Since Taylor was first out of the pool, I instructed him to get the camera out of my bag once he was done, and surprisingly, he remembered! He did get some pics of Eric coming across the finish line. He got a tri suit on sale at REI and we've had fun teasing him by calling it the "unitard". I think we may have given him a complex.
Eric and Taylor ran with me the last quarter mile or so. Kind of like a police escort. I think I deserve the title "most improved" - I took 10 minutes off last year's time!!! I owe it all to Marla (the spin instructor at the gym) and ChiRunning.
Mom and Dad finished strong as well. They were pooped, but we were all proud of them for doing it! They were both really happy with their times.
Now, I need to do some serious searching... I'd like to find 2-3 more of these to do each year... that way I don't slack off on the training and I keep it going year round. Triathlons are definitely addicting!



2 comments:
Can't wait to start doing them. After the kids are all here!! I'm going to get into them as well as half marathons and eventually marathons. I'm a runner, I gotta do them right?
Dad and I loved it. You've got us hooked! We were glad we could do
Post a Comment