I thrive on routine. I think most kids thrive on routine, even though they don’t know it. This summer is going to be incredibly busy for us. For the next 5 weeks at least one of us, if not more, will be off doing some camp or another. By the time we get back from visiting the family in CA in early July, I think I may need to sleep for a week! In order to control the chaos a bit for the people who are at home during summer break, I’ve created these job charts. Here is a sample of one of them… each kid will get their own:
I’m having these printed on 8x10 photo paper at Costco and then I’m going to laminate them. Each day the kids can mark off the box with a dry erase marker. They have to do all of these things before they get any TV, xbox or computer privileges. And just to keep them from getting up at 5 a.m. and rushing through this list each day in order to watch TV all day, I’ve also laid down the rule that the TV can’t go on before noon. I’m hoping this will help us keep some sanity around here. (I will be much saner if I don’t have to endure 8 hour marathons of Zack & Cody or iCarly!)
Now we just need to head to the library and stock up on books and sign up for the summer reading program. Happy Summer Vacation!
2 comments:
So cute! I recognize that kit!! I hope you still have some mom time for scrapbooking dates! Enjoy your summer days
Love that idea! I have been trying to figure out the same kind of stuff. Things will be different for us this year, Nic will now be home with us during the week, so we are packing our week days full of day trips and stuff to do outside of the house, so then when the weekend comes and he is not here they won't really have missed out on much. And we will spend the whole weekend in the pool to pass the time! I too can't stand another episode of Zach and Cody...especially the last show...can it just please be the LAST one and never come on again!!!!
Post a Comment