Three stakes share this property in the mountains called Long Valley. In June, we each take turns having our girls camp on the property. Our stake goes first, and the other two follow us. Since camp runs from Tuesday to Saturday, there are a couple days in between each camp where there is no one around. Last year, there was a problem with vandals coming and defacing the communal property in between camps, so the stake decided to ask a family to stay after camp and babysit the property until the next group arrived. We were the lucky winners of that contest!
My parents came to stay with the boys while Eric, Megan and I were up at camp. On Saturday morning, they left in their RV, and headed to Payson. We met at Walmart after Eric, Megan and I went to Happy Jack and took a hot shower. We had lunch and restocked on food and supplies (mostly Diet Coke.) I should have bought a new air mattress.
We came back up to Long Valley, set up our family tent in the best part of the camp and made dinner. Nothing screams good camp food like my oven-baked lasagna. It was awesome and didn’t require a single dish to be washed. (I love using disposable everything when I am camping.)
Charlie was in 7th Heaven. They staked him down on a 30 foot leash and let him roll and play in the dirt. He was one happy dog. (Until he had to have a bath… pictures to follow…)
On Sunday, we were so lazy, it was wonderful! We slept in, went for walks, shot the potato gun, and watched a play the kids put on for us. Once it was dark and cold, we cuddled up in the rig to watch a movie.
We did give the dog a bath in a 5 gallon paint bucket filled with water that wasn’t exactly warm… I don’t think he wants to repeat that experience ever again.
A camping trip with my parents wouldn’t be complete without a picture taken with the self-timer… We have our ward campout at Long Valley at the end of the month, and I can’t wait to go back. I love the peace and tranquility I feel when I am up in those beautiful mountains!
No comments:
Post a Comment