Monday, November 14, 2011

Books I’ve Read

October 2011

 16304

 Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve never read an Agatha Christie novel before.  Good thing it got picked for Book Club or I would have never discovered how delightful these books can be!  The audio was hard to listen to at first… all the French accents were tough to understand, but after a while I got used to it.  Once I could understand everyone and learned all the names, it was very enjoyable to listen to.  I’m looking forward to many more Agatha Christie novels in my future. 

 

 

6777616

  The Weed that Strings the Hangman’s Bag by Alan Bradley

This is the second book about the character Flavia de Luce.  Flavia is an eleven year old girl obsessed with chemistry and death.  Flavia also happens to be a great detective.  Between Flavia’s obnoxious sisters, the 1950’s English country setting, and her obsession with chemistry, there’s plenty to keep you entertained.  This was the perfect book to take on my trip to Seattle last month.   It kept me entertained on my long days of travel back and forth.  I highly recommend this series of books.  Currently reading #3 in the series and so far it has not disappointed! 

 

I haven’t updated my good reads account in ages, so I’m feeling like there was another book I read in October that I’m currently forgetting about. If I remember it soon, I’ll update this post to include it.  I’m currently reading 3 books right now, so November’s post should be much more exciting!  Smile

1 comment:

argloria said...

Love how it's titled "Book's I've Read" and the first one is an audiobook.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails