Have you heard of garage lighting? It's a new fad in the photography world... and yesterday I tried my hand at it. I'm officially in LOVE with this technique. All you need is a garage (minus the car) and a big sheet. I used clamps to hang it from the back of the garage. The idea behind it is that if you time it just right... you can used a shaded garage for a studio and get amazing light. To get the amazing light, you have to open the garage door when the sun is shining on the driveway. The light from the driveway will bounce into the garage and give your subject amazing, soft, balanced light. All it took was the shade white balance setting to give these portraits a warm glow that I love!
After we did the garage experiment, we went outside and did these shots in the front yard just after the sun had gone behind the house across the street. I can't believe my luck. It's rare that I get a cooperative child, and even rarer that I get this many good photos to show off at school. And yes, I did show them off today!
This last one isn't as focused as I would like, but it shows off his new toothless grin. It makes me sad to see my baby growing up... and losing those baby teeth is a painful reminder that it's happening all too fast!
1 comment:
I'm going to have to try that - those pictures are amazing!
Post a Comment