Friday, October 12, 2007

Doing the Bed Shuffle

This week we finally got Taylor a new bed - he's been begging for a full size mattress for ever, and really he has needed it! He's grown so much in the last year that he looks like a giant trying to sleep in a twin bed! Thank goodness it's still warm at night because I've had trouble finding him a comforter that matches the room, so I'm making one myself! I'm hoping it will look cool - the center will be the tan color with a dark blue border all around. I'm hoping I can quilt stitch a giant "Y" in the center of the tan block... I'm not sure how I'm going to make that happen yet, but I'm working on it!

With all this moving around, we put Taylor's bed into the room that Ian and Brayden share. Now we have the two matching bed frames back together again (Taylor and Ian used to share before we moved here...) They look really nice, but it's very crowded because the crib is still in the room too!

Ian is so excited for Brayden to graduate to a "big boy" bed, but so far Brayden has shown little interest... if given the choice he prefers the crib, and hey, as long as he can't climb out of it, so do I! Here's the two boys hanging out together in the new bed - Brayden thinks it's just his own personal trampoline!
Megan didn't get any new bedroom stuff this week, but I do have a project in the garage to finish for her room... it's a headboard made of out picket fence boards. I think it will turn out cute, I just haven't had the energy to work on it until recently when the garage starting cooling down at night... finally! I'm very proud of the quilt on her bed, I designed it myself (with the help of a quilting website) and after 3-4 years, it's still holding up pretty well!


2 comments:

Sheri said...

O.k. after I read all that I am feeling very un-crafty & un-handy. You are making Megan's headboard! Holy Cow! and you're making quilts for your kids beds. I'm very impressed.

Dezaree said...

The rooms look great! Good job!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails