Ever have one of those days, where things just go well??? Today was one of those days for me! I got up this morning and spent a bunch of time decluttering problem spots in my house - my desk (which is supposed to be for scrapbooking, but is so piled with stuff I can't use it for that anymore), the counter by the phone (huge dump zone for the whole family), and the area by the front door (another dump zone for the whole family). It felt good to get rid of stuff and put things away... I hate surface clutter, but I have so much of it! Then I got to take a friend to lunch for her birthday (Happy Birthday again, Jenn) at YC's Mongollian Grill. I ate myself sick, but it was sooo worth it! I spent a little bit of time on finishing touches for the boys' room and made dinner, which I barely touched because I was still stuffed from lunch! Then we all played a fun board game (called Whoonu?) and everyone had fun and there were no fights (miracle!). Then put younger kids to bed, and Megan and Taylor stayed up with us to watch Heroes (we're catching up from earlier in the week). Okay, all 4 of us were completely grossed out when Claire cut off her toe!
Also, just want to take a minute and thank Jenn (since it is her birthday, after all) for being such a good friend to me! I'm so grateful our paths have crossed down here in the desert where we both struggle to feel at home (especially in the fall and it's still so darn HOT)! Jenn, you truly are a kindred spirit!
1 comment:
It's funny how minor things like hanging out with a friend or with family can make a day great.
Post a Comment