Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Many Faces of Intersession!!!

I've had an epiphany this week - we're just never satisfied with what we have. For weeks, I've been looking forward to intersession (fall break that lasts a grand total of 18 days) just because we could relax and get some projects done around the house. So, here we are 12 days in and I'm wondering why I like break so much.... Here's a list of the things I love and hate about school vacation:

  • I LOVE not making lunches for kids each morning!
  • I HATE hearing "I'm bored" at 10:00 a.m.
  • I LOVE being able to get up slowly and not rush around getting kids out the door.
  • I HATE how many extra dishes I have to wash each day with 5 bodies home all day.
  • I LOVE the freedom to stay in my pj's until noon.
  • I HATE it when the kids stay in their pj's all day (especially when they don't brush their teeth all day either!)
  • I LOVE having a babysitter at home all day, so I can run errands ALONE!
  • I HATE the phone calls every five minutes from Ian, "mom, can I have an otter pop?"
  • I LOVE having extra kids to help with more chores than they normally have time for.
  • I HATE the fact that while the kids are home, my house is a perpetual pig sty... cleaning does nothing... it's a disaster again in 5 minutes flat!
  • I LOVE not having homework to deal with!
  • I HATE having to plan something fun everyday to keep my kids away from the TV/XBOX.
  • I LOVE going on vacation in the off-peak season.
  • I HATE how exhausted I am when we get back from something that was supposed to be a vacation, but wasn't relaxing at all!

And so it goes.... only six more days before we are back to school... whew... maybe then, I can actually have a clean house for at least an hour!!!

2 comments:

OurHappyFamily said...

Loved reading that post. . . too cute! Have a good rest of the week!

Sheri said...

I'm with you on all of those - except I don't have a kid old enough to babysit - yet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails