Sunday, October 21, 2007

Milestones

Congratulations Dad (Wanlass)!!!! Friday was his last day of work before he ventures into the world of RETIREMENT!!! We are all very happy for him and proud of his accomplishment. I think he's a little bit worried about the transition to retirement, but I'm sure that it will suit him just fine! When he gets bored, he can just go to mom and she'll give him a "honey do" list to keep him busy! As a birthday gift last month, we bought him "1000 Places to See Before You Die", so we are hoping they will budget in some time to travel and enjoy some quality time together!

Mom and Dad Wanlass celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary this June at Fentons!



We are also excited to have the Rossiter Grandparents fly home from Europe tomorrow. They've been gone 5 weeks, but it feels like 5 months! I've learned to appreciate the conviencence of having them live so close, even when it's a 12 hour drive, it's never more than one time zone away. While they were in Europe, we could only call them between noon and 1 p.m. (their bedtime) or when they were just getting up in the morning, which was 10 p.m. for us. Even though they have traveled extensively through Mexico, and most recently to Peru, this was their first international trip east - to Europe. They've had a wonderful time and I've spent 5 weeks being jealous that my mom beat me to Paris, when I can at least speak a little bit of the language, and she can't! Oh well... C'est la vie!




Mom and Dad Rossiter 2 weeks before their departure at Adam and Delia's Wedding... will they look any different when they return???

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails