My family does! Maybe because I never make breakfast food in the morning when you are supposed to eat it. I'm just not a morning person, and I don't like to eat anything until I've been awake for an hour or two.... everyone else wakes up famished! My kids only get pancakes, etc. on the weekends and Eric makes it most of the time. Tonight, I didn't have a clue what to make for dinner, so I made breakfast... pancakes and french toast. I have a great french toast recipe that's fancier than just eggs/milk and I love it.
Eric has a weird love that he's passed on to my kids.... they all love uncooked pancake batter (yuck!) So when Brayden saw me making pancake batter, he found the stool and dragged (or is it drug?) it over to me.... good thing Eric was just getting home! I don't like feeding the kids raw pancake batter, so I don't accommodate them. It grosses me out especially when Eric lets them lick it off his fingers!!! Anyway, Brayden made quite a mess eating the batter while I cooked dinner... but it was so darn cute!
When it was time to eat, we all sat down to pray and Eric decided to see if Brayden would say the prayer.... we'd attempted this before with no success, but tonight he mimicked everything Eric said. We couldn't understand it all (due to his preference for Ewok talk) but you could tell my the inflections that he was copying Eric. After the prayer, we all cheered for him and so he decided to pray again just for theatrics..... what a ham! This kids knows that he is the baby of the family and EVERYONE adores him!
After dinner, the kids wanted to play a board game while Eric watched Monday Night Football... so I compromised.... Eric played LIFE with the kids (Megan and Ian) while I cleaned up the kitchen... I had days of pots and pans piled up that I'd been procrastinating washing by hand and I just couldn't stall them off any longer! Of course, they were struggling with the rules because Eric didn't read the instructions and hadn't played this game in years.... so they were trying to figure out how things worked and Megan said, "Ian, this game is to help you get ready for LIFE as a grown-up!"
I could have just died!!!! It was hilarious!
3 comments:
Breakfast for dinner is my kids favorite meal. What does that say about my cooking?
I LOVE breakfast for dinner. It's the best!!!
I love breakfast - must be a Wanlass thing!! But the pancake batter was about sick. Come on Eric, where in the world did you get that habit from?
Post a Comment