...Literally! This last weekend I was sick with a bugger of a headcold once again. This is like my 4th nasty headcold in 3 months. Let me tell you, it got old 2 months ago! Anyway, by Sunday I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I went to church, even though I didn't feel like being there and when I got home, I couldn't even take a nap. Standing is the position I get the most relief... when I'm sitting or laying down, I just can't stop coughing enough to relax and fall asleep.
Anyway, I had a RS Stake Meeting last night and I waffled all afternoon about going... I didn't feel like it, but I knew I wouldn't get any rest by staying home, so I went. I asked Eric give me a blessing when I came home from the meeting. So.. two hours later, I'm coming home and I find Cory Braddock's car in front of my house... he'd been at my house, giving blessings with Eric to Ian and Brayden because they were sick as well, while they waited for me. Of course, I missed it, but apparently Ian was wailing and crying due to a stomach ache and when they were done administering to him, he walked away smiling.
That's the second time I can remember something like that happening with Ian. When he was 2 or 3, his finger got smashed in the hinge side of the door. It looked really bad and we decided to take him to the ER. We called our Home Teacher first and asked him to help Eric give him a blessing before we headed to the ER. He had been absolutely hysterical for about 20 minutes while all these decisions were being made and the ER was a 25 minute drive, so it wouldn't be fun... Anyway, he sat on my lap and during the blessing, he abruptly stopped crying and when they finished, he jumped up and ran away to play with the other kids. It was truly miraculous!
Okay, so back to yesterday, Eric and Cory gave me a blessing and I've gotten more sleep in the last 24 hours than I've had in 3-4 days! I'm so grateful for the priesthood and also very grateful that Cory dropped what he was doing to help us out... when Eric called him he was in the middle of cooking dinner for out of town guests. He didn't even make me feel bad for how long he waited at my house for me to come back from my meeting... believe me... if I'd known he was there, I would have hustled a bit faster! Today we are all grateful for the Priesthood and for great friends we can call anytime day or night!
1 comment:
Whenever my boys are sick - the first thing they ask for is a blessing. I am sooo grateful for the power of the priesthood.
Post a Comment