Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ikea

I'm feeling soooo much better today! I'm so grateful to have some energy and spunk back before Thursday... I want to enjoy Thanksgiving, not dread it!!!



I went to Ikea this morning with friends... boy it takes a lot of restraint to keep the spending to a minimum in that place - here are some of the great deals I found:

*bamboo placemats - 99 cents each!

*animal hand puppets (for christmas gifts for the toddlers on my list) - $4 each!

*christmas colored twine for gift wrapping (each spool is 21 yards) - 99 cents!

*I'm most excited about a lap tray I found - I need to do a better job at my daily scripture study, so I was just thinking in the last day or two that one of those "breakfast in bed" trays would be perfect for me to sit in bed, lay my scriptures on it and still be able to mark verses, etc.... well, I found a cheap plastic one at Ikea for 99 cents!!! Yes, it's cheap and cheesy, but it will totally work for what I had in mind and it cost less than a buck! You can't beat that!



Some of the more irritating things I discovered while there...

*they've converted over most of their check outs to self serve... I'm all about self serve checkouts, but a lot of people don't like them... there were a lot of people struggling in the self checkout line that I know would have preferred the traditional check out method....

*they are charging for bags now.... 5 cents per bag.... seriously, if you are going to ding us for bags, just increase every item in the store by a penny or something... it just irritates me that there's a surcharge for bags at the check out. I know they are trying to save the environment by getting people to waste less, but it was really annoying!!!

... but not annoying enough that I'll stop shopping there.... sigh....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails