Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Last Night...

...was one of those crazy nights where you are living in your car and moving from one activity to another.... This is how my afternoon went yesterday:


  • 3:30 Ian got home from school, we hurried and got his homework done and got him and Brayden a snack

  • 4:00 pick up Megan at school (every Tuesday she has choir after school until 4:00)

  • 4:15 drive to Santan to pick up Taylor... he has a cross country meet that was supposed to start at 4:00... my plan was to get there in time to watch his race, then hop in the car and head home... of course, my plans are always foiled... the race didn't start until 4:30, but it worked out okay because they ran the boys first this time.

  • 4:30 watched Taylor's race - he placed 7th overall - 1st in his school - we don't know yet what his time was....

  • 5:00 left before the girls' race began... too many things to do and places to be....

  • 5:15 got kids home to do homework and Taylor needed to shower.... and everyone needed to eat dinner... I've already deemed it "fix it yourself" night (sadly, my kids love this...)

  • 5:45 left for Karate with Ian

  • 6:00 watch Ian's karate class

  • 6:30 head home with Ian to change clothes

  • 6:45 changing clothes and I am finally putting on make-up (and a clean shirt)... I still haven't eaten and Eric is sharing a bowl of cold cereal with Brayden

  • 6:50 last minute practice for Megan and Ian (Megan has a piano recital and Ian is going to accompany on a drum...)

  • 7:05 arrive at Finlinson's home 5 minutes late, but it's okay because 2 families cancelled, so there is only us and the Diehl's..... Robin is a fantastic piano teacher and she knows how to calm nervous kids before a recital... feed them! We always have a potluck and we eat first, then the kids perform. So we ate, but since there were only 3 families contributing, my dinner was strawberries (with fruit dip), garlic bread and choc chip cookies... an odd combination, but I didn't care!

  • 7:45 All the kids played, and had fun. Megan played her song last, it was called "Hiawatha"... it's an American Indian song and Ian accompanied on a drum (for fun...) and then Robin played as well... she has amazing talent, but is just as shy about performing as the kids are!

  • 8:15 headed home and got everyone ready for bed... Taylor finished up his homework and I folded laundry (while I watched Desperate Housewives from Sunday night) after the 3 younger were in bed...
  • 9:30 I was just finishing up Eric fell into bed exhausted and by the time I'd brushed my teeth, he was sound asleep... it didn't take me long to fall asleep either... it was a long day!

3 comments:

OurHappyFamily said...

Oh my heck. . . can we say wonder woman?! The things I have to look forward to. Hang in there, you're the best mom!

Sheri said...

I don't think I'm going to complain about my busy schedule anymore!

Christy said...

This was unusual... when Brayden was a little baby, I had both boys in fall baseball and every night was like this... I thought I was going to lose my mind! I've learned since that season to say "no" to stuff for the kids... they just can't do it all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails