Today I had a very serious decision to make at Walmart - every 10-12 weeks I go through this ritual... picking a hair color. I've been dying my hair since 1996, but I really am a blond... I swear! (And yes, I'm proud of it!) And no, I don't consider myself a "dumb blond" and I love blond jokes and one of my favorite movies is "Legally Blonde". I've known plenty of "dumb blonds" in my day, but I love having blond hair. Something about having kids has darkened my hair into that dirty dishwater color that's between blond and brown, but just looks yucky! I always tell people that if my hair could have darkened into a pretty brunette, I'd be happy with it and leave it alone, but who am I kidding? I'm a blond and I can't see myself in any other hair color, just like I always tell people I have blue eyes, but since I've had kids, they are more often green than blue. Not to mention the unsightly gray hairs that have mysteriously appeared in the last year... ugh!
So, back to Walmart and I'm standing in the hair color isle... wishing I'd saved the top from my last hair color box, but of course, I never remember to do that. So, here's what I'm thinking as I peruse the selection (which is way too big!):
Let's see, it's not Garnier Nutrisse... love their shampoo and conditioner, but their hair color leaves a weird residue on my hair that only washed out with a vinegar rinse...
Used to use Feria religiously, until they changed the formula and made it too runny... last time I used Feria, I dribbled hair dye all over everything I was wearing, not cool!
I think I used Clairol Nice n' Easy last time, but what color??? the "Natural Medium Golden Blonde" box looks really familiar, but did I really buy this one last time? ... I just can't remember if I like the golden blonde better or champagne blonde...ugh....

...so many choices, what's a girl to do??? To prove my true haircolor, here's a picture of Eric and I at our 1st Anniversary... December 30, 1993. This is before kids, but I was still blonde.... Can you believe it? Eric actually used to have hair!!! And for the record... I had a perm, and I will never perm my hair EVER again, even if it comes back in style soon! I don't think I will have bangs again anytime soon, at least not until I'm old and have too many forehead wrinkles I want to cover up!
2 comments:
You are too funny!! Loved the post!!!!!
Love the do!! I am with you though, I am somewhat scared to let my hair grow out because of discovering what a weird color my natural color is. I mean, I have been blonde, red, blonde w/ red highlights and now blonde w/ red and dark brown highlights. All I know is that I have gray hair starting to grow. Not a good thing.
Post a Comment