Yesterday was interesting... I spent most of my day running errands in the morning and then cleaning the downstairs in the afternoon. The YM were coming over to have a pizza/planning meeting, so things needed to be picked up more than normal. (Not that the YM care at all, but there were many adults showing up too.) The YW were offering 2 hours of free babysitting so you could drop off the kids at the church and go do last minute shopping, gift wrapping, errands, whatever. So I had this brilliant idea! I'd spend my day cleaning house for the YM, then drop off the other three at the church to play with their friends and I could spend an hour (or two) doing whatever I wanted. So, all day I fantasized about what I was going to do with my "free" time.... in the end, I finally settled on getting a Caramel Apple Cider at Starbucks and going to get a pedicure... something I only indulge myself in a couple times a year. I brought along a Christmas novel that I was really close to finishing and thought to myself, "you are a genious... this is going to be great... just the type of relaxing night you need!"
So, I went to Starbucks (mine has a drive up window) and wonderful - not a long line like usual! I'm thinking this is great! I get in line only to find out when I get to the order window that they are out of apple juice - so no caramel apple cider. Darn, I was disapointed! I could have gotten a vanilla bean, but they suggested a white peppermint hot chocolate as a replacement, and that sounded really good and christmas-sy. After all, it was hot chocolate, right? So, I pay for my drink and pull away and as I'm driving over to the nail place, I'm thinking, "man, my car really smells like coffee." So I sniff my drink.... and it definately smells like coffee... but I'm thinking I know they told me it was hot chocolate.... so I pull into the nail parking lot and the windows are all dark. It's 7:30 and they closed down at 7:00. I guess the holiday extended hours don't apply to nail places.... so I decide to find out once and for all what's in my drink - I take a small sip and ugh!!! it's definately coffee... well masked by other stuff, but definately coffee. I got out of my car and tossed the drink in the garbage! So no caramel apple cider, no pedicure and no where to sit and read my book - so what did I do? I headed to Sam's Club to get my shopping finished... I think Eric was happy that I got my shopping done, even though I was really looking forward to that pedicure!
3 comments:
And that's life. I went to do my last minute shopping and couldn't find ANYTHING. I ended up coming back early to get my kids.
Oh you are good!!! You are sooooo good keeping this blog. I just updated mine - after 1 month. Well, it's the best I can do with my daughter claiming my computer everyday - yes, yes, excuses, excuses. Congratulations, your blog is awesome. BTW I have a picture of the tree you guys talked me into buying. :)
Post a Comment