Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hold the Phone....

Yes, I'm dressed and ready to go to the gym, but I was doing a quick "blog surf" and stumbled across some WONDERFUL news! The awesome book Twilight is finally being cast and the results are in for Edward and Bella..... drumrolll... those of you who are big fans - I know the anticipation is more than you can bear!

For Bella: Kristen Stewart. I'd thought I'd never seen her in a movie before until I looked her up on imdb.com. I have seen Zathura and snatches of Catch that Kid. Don't really have an opinion of her as an actress, but I think she has the right look - Bella always describes herself in grunge clothes, ponytails and she thinks she is rather plain. I think this means Bella has that simple beauty - you know the kind of people that can get away with no make up. Almost every picture of this girl I found online, she was wearing next to no make up, which I thought was really interesting. I really like this picture of Kristen I found online - I think it's got Bella written all over it!

Now... for the big one.... HOW can you cast Edward and do him any kind of justice??? In August our Book Club got together to talk about Twilight (and New Moon and Eclipse). We usually have 4-8 ladies on any given night show up for Book Club. On "Twilight" night we had 19! Yes, you heard right, it was a world record (for us) and I felt it deserved a place in the Guiness Book of World Records... okay, not really, but I was thrilled! Book Club is kinda my pet project, so I take our attendance numbers personally! Anyway, we broke into 2 groups - the group who had read all three books and the group that had read only the first. We talked a lot about who on earth you could cast as Edward without ruining the whole thing! This is a very difficult task and I've had heated debates with friends over who could pull off Edward. We'll here's the decision and, yes, I'm thrilled: Robert Pattinson! I didn't recognize the name at first, but he played Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies - YESSS! He's perfect - look at that angular chin - I see vampire written all over this kid! He can act, which is essential, and he's NOT Hayden Christensen... I know a lot of ladies who were voting for him, but after the Stars Wars movie flops, I don't think I could go to this movie if he had gotten the part. Sorry Hayden, George Lucus ruined your career, in my humble opinion! Ironically enough, in all the "who can play Edward" discussions I've had, this guy never came up on the list! Now I can eagerly await the movie for Twilight and the publication of the 4th book sometime next year! Good things come to those who wait, right? For more information on the Twilight Phenonmenon go to:
Okay - I'm off to the gym, yes, I'm still going even though this set me back a bit today! Then I get to come home and clean house for the YM to come over tonight and destroy it all over again! I will post pictures of Megan's concert from last night later today..... stay tuned.....




3 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I like these choices a lot, and am a reader who is never dissapointed if they do a movie on the book. Some people are, I love more than one medium of something I guess, even though I'm not even a huge movie buff. The more the merrier though. I'm usually very entertained. I love these choices and I believe they will really have this guy shaved up, possibly even clean up his eye brows a bit, and plenty of wonderful looking "glass" make up. He'll look so smooth. His hair is wonderful. I picture Edward with golden hair which he has, others say he has red hair but that is not what I pictured at all so...anyway there's my 2 cents ...I'm EXCITED! and currently half way through Eclipse (I took a small break in between New Moon and Eclipse)

Sheri said...

I think I'm going to like these actors, but we shall see.

Connie said...

Haha I read the comment you posted on my blog. I haven't seen the newer Star Wars movies that much, so I guess I still like that kid who plays Anikin. It's no problem, though. This guy is warming up to me. About Bella, I just think that she should have been a little more feminine looking, although she is supposed to be plain. Hope this girl can act, because I pictured Bella a little differently! I'm curious to know what other actors you had in mind for Edward!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails