Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snowmen at Night

Thursday Night, Ian had a "Second Grade Performance" that we attended. Honestly, I didn't have a clue what it was or what they were doing. I just knew that Ian had one line to say and that they were doing something with music. It ended up being a really cute program about Snowmen and the fun things they do at night while we are all asleep. It's based on the book by Caralyn and Mark Buehner. This photo is of Ian saying his part - I know the quality is crappy, but I was in the very back row of the auditorium, so of course it's going to be bad! No normal flash would cover that distance! But it was a fun program and we enjoyed watching them sing (and dance) - they even did a little bit of a "rap" in their rendition of Jingle Bells! It was so cute to see all these 7 year old kids trying to rap! Ian kinda looks like a "gansta" in this picture, but it's just because they are wearing black paper hats like a real "snowman"... not that anyone here knows what that is!

After Ian's concert, we hurried over to Bogle for Taylor's band concert. It was well over an hour long and so HOT in the auditorium. I was able to keep Brayden entertained for the first 20-30 minutes, but I was dreaming if I thought I was going to keep him happy the whole time. Four different bands at the school performed, and Taylor's band was in the 3rd group. Not good for me... I ended up standing in the back of the room during his part with Brayden on my back and while the last group performed, we went outside so Brayden could run around and I could cool off a bit. His favorite song was "The Tempest" but my favorite was "Believe" from The Polar Express. They also did a Christmas music medley where the parents got to sing along. It was so nice to attend a school concert where they actually played "Christmas" music, not just Frosty the Snowman and other PC stuff. One group also played an African number (for Kwanzaa) and the Israeli National Anthem (for Hannakuh). All the music was really impressive! I tried to shoot some video, but by this time, Brayden was commanding my full attention and I didn't want him disrupting the entire concert!
After all this was over - I went home and CRASHED! I wanted to make it to our RS Ornament Exchange, but it was over by the time I could get there. DARN.... DARN.... DARN! Oh well, you can't win them all, can you? I can't wait for Tuesday, it's going to be a Repeat of Thursday, but at least Eric will not be out of town and can help out with Brayden so I can get a picture or two... stay tuned for Megan's day in the spotlight next week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails