Saturday, December 8, 2007

Why is Life so HARD sometimes???

These are the questions I'm sure my kids are asking today - you know, because every once in a while my alter ego (the morning nazi) surfaces and today was one of those days. I didn't get a good night's sleep - Eric and I were up past midnight looking for his favorite commericals on You Tube... which was fun, until at 4:00 a.m. when my 2 year old crawls into bed with me. I'm thinking (at about 5:00 a.m.) WHY, WHY, WHY did I give the crib away soooo soon?!?!? We have a King Size Bed... not a Calfornia King, but the short/wide Eastern King - you would think that two adults and a 2 year old could peacefully sleep in it, but NO, I'm getting kicked in the ribs from 5:00 a.m. until 6:00 when I gave up and climbed into Brayden's bed. That didn't help either.... so after Eric and Brayden had vacated my bed, I crawled back into it, but didn't fall asleep until just a few minutes before Eric and Taylor had to leave at 7:30 to go to a Merit Badge Round-up.

Eric comes upstairs and says, "You might want to get up, since little guy is just roaming free downstairs all alone. And you know that's never good."
Me: groan....mhmm... ughh.... groan.... ok.... more groaning......
So I get up and go to Megan's room where her and Ian were sound asleep. Yes, I told them to sleep in, but I didn't think they would actually do it! That means no help with "little guy".... so I put on a video or a TV show or something (I can't really remember) and I go back to bed and get out a book.
I figure at this point, getting back to sleep isn't going to happen, so I might as well enjoy a rainy morning in bed reading a book. Well, every 5 minutes, Brayden is next to my bed, tugging on my hand to get him something and making me crazy! So, I finally get out of bed and hit the hot shower, hoping that the hot water will knockthe sleep deprivation headache away. It did work, but I'm still wishing I could go back to bed... in case you haven't figured out... I LOVE to sleep!!!

So, to make what has become a very long story short, I've been grouchy all day and it's definately rubbed off on the rest of my family. There have been several screaming matches and arguments. I guess it's true what they say,
"When momma ain't happy, nobody's happy!"

I have to say that just getting this all out has made me feel a ton better... this must be what therapy is like!

4 comments:

Craig said...

Haven't you noticed that your blog is your therapy? You go, girl!
--Dad

Sheri said...

Max climbs in bed with us all of the time and then snuggles up right next to me and kicks me all night. It stinks. I really feel for you.

Elise said...

Sounds like my night last night - Matt in bed with me at 2 am and up until 3:30 and Alan fast asleep downstairs.

CoffeeGrind said...

Hi Christy,

just checking in. things here are good and we are plkanning on getting a tree today. I'll post something this afternoon. Tell the kids I said hello, and that we miss them.

Adam and Delia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails