Monday, December 10, 2007

Who We Talkin' About???

The Amazing Race: On Friday, Taylor had his final cross country race - all the Chandler schools were there and he thinks there were over a hundred boys running. He placed 26th overall. We haven't heard yet what his time was, but he generally runs 2 miles in 12 minutes.... unbelieveable... I'm not sure I can run 1 mile in 12 minutes!!! After his race, we all played at the new playground at Tumbleweed Park - it was awesome! (For my local friends, if you haven't been there, go check it out - it's cool!)





Ice Cream Craze: In Friday's mail, a special treat arrived from Grandma Rossiter - gift cards for Mickey D's. We went to have dinner and Eric and I splurged and bought them a soft serve cone after everyone was done eating.... Brayden was so funny to watch eating his cone!




Bribery or Reward? Last week Megan and Ian were bugging me to buy them Jamba Juice... the PTO has been selling them after school on Friday's as a fundraiser, but my kids can't ever get one because they ride the bus. So on Monday, we made a deal - Ian would have to go all week without a trantum and then I'd buy him a smoothie on the weekend. He was okay with that, but didn't think it was fair that only he had to do something hard, so Megan had to practice piano 15 minutes each day without complaint. So we all agreed, and it was a great week because of it... I only had one two year old throwing tantrums instead of two (Ian and Brayden) and Megan and I didn't have the daily battle over piano practice. We might do it again this week. The cooperation I got was definately worth a $3 smoothie at Intajuice - I don't do Jamba Juice anymore... this place is better!


The Christmas Story: Megan and Ian participated in a cute program for our Ward Christmas Party. Megan got to have a speaking part as the angel who visits the shepards and tells them "fear not...." and then instructs them to go visit the baby Jesus. Ian was a wise man and had the cutest costume made for him... it's red and gold with a funky hat, but he wasn't embarrased to wear it!



Wardrobe Malfunction: Megan, Taylor and I had to be to church 45 minutes early for choir practice yesterday. We are in the church parking lot, walking into the building, when I hear from Megan, "Mom, your shoes don't match." What???? I look down and sure enough, I 'm wearing one black shoe and one brown shoe!!!! Yes, I have two sets of identical shoes, one black and one brown... I guess I should have paid more attention when I slipped my feet into them... good thing I was able to call Eric and have him bring the right shoe with him to church!

Piggy Back Ride: Brayden can now sing jingle bells... the words aren't right, but you can definately hear the tune. He also says "candy cane, brownie, I'm stuck, Look...., purple" and a few others that I can't remember at the moment. The cutest thing he's started doing is asking for piggy back rides up and down the stairs. When he first gets up, he'll shove me to the top step and say, "ee-ee bak", which means I'm supposed to sit down, so he can climb on my back... this get's interesting when he's holding his special blankie, his bunny, and about 5 other toys. But how can I say no? My other kids are too big for me to give piggy back rides to and he's so DARN CUTE!!!

Ukulale Hero? Taylor has been wanting either Guitar Hero or Rock Band for Christmas. (It's a music based vieo game for xbox 360). Anyway, Eric LOVES to torment Taylor when he wants something... so he's been telling him that we are getting Ukulale Hero for Christmas... then he does this funny sound that is supposed to sound like an electric ukulale.... we all laugh every time he does it, but when we tried to get him to preform for our Home Teacher, he froze up!

2 comments:

Elise said...

Cute post. I love hearing all this stuff about you guys. Makes me wish we lived closer. Miss you.

Sheri said...

I loved that recap! I wonder if I bribe Max if he will stop throwing fits...it's a though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails