
On Saturday, before we came home from Anaheim, we made an overnight stop in San Bernardino. My aunt, Debby, lives there with her family. They don't get many visitors and on the Rossiter side of the family there is no one in Southern California left. It's kinda an interesting set up - my cousins are the same age as my kids. My dad married young and had a family young, but my aunt married just a few months before I did. She has a 13 year old girl and an 11 year old boy. We loved just hanging out at their house and having a day to totally relax. We watched movies, talked, and the girls did art while the boys played with air soft guns. I think Brayden was thrilled to be not stuck in a stroller or car seat. He could just walk around the house and play (and jump all over her furniture!) I always come home with at least one (or more) really good recipes. My uncle is Filipino and a fantastic cook - this trip he wrote down the recipe for Korean Beef - he'd made it for us the last time we were in town. One of these trips I'm going to have to get a lesson in making Lumpias. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment