Tuesday, February 5, 2008

California Here We Come!


Okay, not for 5 weeks and 3 days, but I am excited anyway! We are planning our visit to the "Homeland" for March 14-24.... so all you Rossiter's, Wanlass's, Muller's, McCorkles', Kuenzinger's, Henriksons's, Dayton's, Shane's and anyone else up north, mark your calendars! This will likely be our only visit home for 2008, so you won't want to miss out! (Yes, I know I sound like we are a bunch of celebrities coming to town.... wouldn't that be cool? Unfortunately, we are pretty ordinary people!)

I realize this isn't ideal timing for "spring break" and the cousin's school schedules - every year we have spring break different than everyone else on the planet, but a summer visit wouldn't be much better. Last summer was miserable - we were traveling here and there and everywhere and I just don't want a repeat of that. It's harder to leave the heat in the summertime and then come back to it once you've been spoiled in a cooler climate. I'd rather stay and be acclimated the whole summer and maybe make a fun trip to Lake Powell in July before school starts for our kids.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails