Saturday, March 1, 2008

What's the Deal?


Since school started in January, we have been getting our kids up every morning at 6:45 to read scriptures together as a family before Eric goes to work and they have to get ready for school. This is the first time EVER we have ever attempted this, but after 2 months, I feel safe in saying that it's become a habit. For the first time in our family's life, we've consistently read the scriptures 5-6 days a week. The reason we've never attempted this before is because so many of us are NOT morning people. Megan and Taylor are now pretty good at getting up and coming to our room in the morning when their alarm goes off, but Ian has to be carried to our room every morning. He HATES reading scriptures in the morning and spends most mornings pretending to be asleep on our bed the whole time. This has been the daily drill for two months now. Then, last night, I told Eric that I wanted to sleep in (preferably until noon) because I was just so darn sleep deprived. I knew even getting to 7:30 a.m. would be sleeping in for me. Such is my life now.... but anyway, this morning I woke to Ian asking me if him and Brayden could go downstairs and play on the xbox 360. I say (groggily) "uh huh...." then I roll over to see the alarm clock - 6:40 a.m.!!!! That little bugger! I'm NEVER going to let him play "possum" again during scriptures in the morning!

2 comments:

Dezaree said...

That's funny!!!!

Lexie & Sharrid said...

yea man you got to stop letting him slack off. And nintendo is the other side, ug that makes it even worse...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails